THE APPLICATION FOR THE 2017-2018 ACADEMIC YEAR FOR MAIN CAMPUS STUDENTS IS NOW AVAILABLE!
(Fall 2017 and Spring 2018)
We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to apply for the Installment Payment Plan for the 2017-2018 academic year – Fall 2017 and Spring 2018. We hope the following steps will aid you in the application process and provide you with additional information on how the plan works.
- There is an annual non-refundable application fee of $75.00 which will be billed to your account and calculated into your monthly payments.
- The plan may be utilized for one semester only or for both the fall and spring semesters – the payment plan is not offered for the summer semester. You may pay the full balance owing at any time and cancel your payment plan. ($75 fee is non-refundable)
How the plan works:
We calculate your installment payment amount by taking all tuition, room, meal plan and fee charges currently posted to your account and subtract all payments, financial aid and other credits currently posted to your account. The remainder is then divided by the number of months you will be making payments which is typically 5 for fall (the first bill is sent in June) and 6 for Spring (the first bill is sent in November) however, it can be less depending up when you enroll in the plan. We will email you each time a bill is produced. All billing statements are available in MySlice. No billing statements will be mailed.
Payment amounts can change based on increases or decreases in charges, financial aid or other credits. The balance due will be recalculated based on the number of months remaining on the plan every month.
***ALL ROOM AND MEAL PLAN CHANGES MUST BE MADE THROUGH THE HOUSING AND MEAL PLAN OFFICE***
If you anticipate receiving Syracuse University financial aid, we will process the Installment Payment Plan once you have received your notice of award from the Office of Financial Aid.
- We will estimate PELL grants and New York State Awards based on estimates we receive from the Office of Financial Aid.
- Adjustments based on increases or decreases in Financial Aid will be made on each bill.
- We ask that you provide the Office of Financial Aid with documentation of pending aid from non-University sources if you wish us to include this in your plan.
Completion and Return of the Application:
Please complete ALL fields of the application. If the application is incomplete, we will not be able to enroll you in the plan. The application can be submitted no later than June 1st by:
- scanning and emailing a .pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- fax to (315) 443-3630
- mailed to Syracuse University, Bursar Operations, 119 Bowne Hall, Syracuse, NY 13244
Late Payments and Financial Holds:
Payments not received by the due date each month will be considered late and will result in a FINANCIAL HOLD being placed on the student’s account. A financial hold prohibits future registrations and the receipt of a transcript or diploma. Once the past due financial obligation has been satisfied, the financial hold will be lifted.
There are no FINANCE CHARGES or interest charges imposed for use of the Installment Payment Plan. The University does charge an annual non-refundable application fee of $75.00 for participation in this plan. If you apply and then decide not to participate in the plan, this fee will NOT be refunded.
The University reserves the right to assess a late fee in any semester that full payment is not received in accordance with the terms of the payment plan agreement. The late fee is $85.00 when the entire remaining balance for the semester is $499.99 or less and $120.00 when the entire remaining balance for that semester is $500.00 or more.
In addition, participation in the installment payment plan is contingent on a satisfactory payment history with the University. We reserve the right to deny participation to anyone that who has not complied with the terms of the installment plan and the associated billing dates.
If you have any further questions, please call a Bursar Account Representative at (315) 443-2444, write to Bursar Operations, 119 Bowne Hall, Syracuse, New York 13244-1140 or contact us via e-mail at email@example.com we are happy to answer any questions you might have and help guide you through this process.
Prepaid Tuition Plan